| BIRD LIFE |
| WALKING TRACKS |
| DIRECT LAKE ACCESS |
Wake up to the bell birds and tuis in our delightful home which is dramatically situated in 17 acres of hilly paddock and bush to be explored.
- Sanctuary Mountain is only 10 minutes away
- 30 minutes into either Cambridge or Te Awamutu towns
- Arapuni village is 10 minutes with access to the Waikato River Trails, Arapuni Swing Bridge, bike hire and a bustling cafe.
- We are 20 minutes away from kayak hire and glow worm kayaking with Lake District Adventures
- The beautiful Te Waihou walkway is just a 30 minute drive
- We can offer launching off our property for kayaks (guest to supply at own risk). Enjoy a picturesque 10 minute kayak around the corner and into the lake itself.
- We have plenty of boat parking space for motor boats for trout fishing, water skiing and 'biscuiting' with four lake landings (Jones, Bulmer, Arapuni and Arohena) all a 10-20 minute drive away.
- Putaruru is 20 minutes for groceries, takeaways and gas/petrol.
Unique Experiences at Up Above The River B&B
- Visit nearby Sanctuary Mountain, the Waikato River Trails and Putaruru Blue Springs
- Visit the glow worms by kayak with Lake District Adventurees
- Bring your boat and get out on the water
Why You Will Love Up Above The River B&B
With stunning views over the river which feeds into Lake Arapuni, river access from our property, complete tranquility yet activites close at hand, one night simply won't be enough!
- "I would recommend this for any single or couple wanting to get away from it all in the country in idyllic surroundings."
- "She is an amazing cook and nothing like eating a great meal all picked and produced from her back yard. Sky city or any other of my previous 5 star hotels have lots to learn from this couple amazing stay. Great value amazing sleep like you floating on a cloud. Best of all the lake and the peace n quite"
- "So brilliant was our stay. Hosts were just exceptional and were extremely welcoming! We had both dinner and breakfast that were cooked by our hosts. Property was brilliant and relaxing. Would highly recommend the property!"
Private Rooms in our Bed & Breakfast
Bedroom 1: 1 x King bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x Queen bed
We are in a rural location so guests will need a car.
We have two attractive bedrooms with a king and queen beds guests own bathroom facilities. You will have the option to enjoy an after-breakfast or evening stroll including exploring our river access with pontoon and picnic table.
You will have access to the kitchen for drink making, front room including TV, your guest bathroom and toilet, 17 acres for bush walks and a beautiful veranda for relaxing.
per night (up to 2 guests)
$40.00 per additional guest
Property Manager on site
Access to: Lakes | Rivers | Streams | Beaches
Caving | Climbing
Fishing Access (BYO gear)
Rafting | Kayaking | Canoeing
Glow worms to visit
Extras Some handy things you might need that the property owner can supply
Traditional Family Meal - 24 hour notice please
We are rural so at the end of your busy day, rather than drive back out for dinner, join us for a traditional family meal.
Delicious Continental Breakfast
Scrummy Cooked Breakfast
About the Landowner, Samantha
We would like to introduce ourselves, Ian and Sam Cutler, as your hosts. You will be made very welcome as guests in our home. I have previously provided B&B in the UK and as we are in such a lovely location I have decided to give NZ a try!! We have a friendly and enthusiastic dog who is part of the family so if you are not comfortable with dogs we may not be for you!
More Listings Near By
Shackwell Bush Hut - Nightingale Rustic Glamping
Shantilly Cottage - Nightingale Falls Farmstay
Twinkingham Cottage - Nightingale Falls Farmstay