| PLAY GOLF WITH THE ROMNEY SHEEP |
| SWIM AT THE WATERFALL |
| DOGS WELCOME |
Wairunga is a 700 acre sheep and beef farm owned by the Parker family for almost 100 years. The accommodation is two adjacent cottages that are comfortably set up for up to 16 guests.
Wairunga also hosts a golf course, where stands of native trees, stunning views and mobs of Romney ewes make it a interesting nine holes. Green fees $10
In summer swim in our pool, play tennis an a grass court, dance in the bush grotto (bring your iPod) or take a walk in Mohi Bush.
We can also show you around parts of the farm and enjoy answering any questions you have about what we do, and demonstrate how to shear a sheep on request!
**Dogs are welcome on the proviso that they are fully wormed and vaccinated.
Unique Experiences at Wairunga Cottages
- Play a round of golf with the Romney sheep!
- Visit the Maraetotara Waterfall just down the road
- Go to the beautiful beach at Waimarama for fish and chips and ice-creams
Why You Will Love Wairunga Cottages
Because it is a lovely part of Hawkes Bay that is quite undiscovered. People like the native bush, plus the sea view from the golf course.
There is peace and quiet but also the chance to have fun in the bush grotto with the dance floor. You can be as active or as relaxed as you want to be.
- "NZ country lifestyle. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a getaway and unplug from city life."
- "Lovely place to go and relax and unplug from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our hostess Paulette was lovely. The children really enjoyed their trips with her to feed the chickens and to help collect eggs. Thanks again for the wonderful hospitality shown to all. It was definitely a memorable weekend for all the right reasons!"
- "What can I say, what a fantastic weekend! The hospitality was outstanding, Paulette really goes the extra mile, so friendly & helpful! The cottages are set up in the hills in a beautiful remote & private location in Maraetotara. There's a stunning waterfall to visit on the way (take your sneakers, togs & towel). We wish we had a day to spend at the Cottages to explore the golf course, tennis court & entertaining areas more! The cottages have plenty of room for large groups with a bathroom for every room! We loved the massive dining table, music for indoors & out plus a bbq. We highly recommend a stay here!"
Cottages - MAX GUESTS: 16
Bedroom 1: 1 x Queen bed and 1 x Single bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x Queen bed and 1 x Single bed
Bedroom 3: 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 4: 1 x Queen bed
Bedroom 5: 2 x Single beds
Bedroom 6: 1 x Queen bed and 2 x Single beds (Bunk Set)
This comfortable cottage accommodation is perfect for large groups. Able to sleep up to 16 guests in six bedrooms and six bathrooms. The accommodation is set across two cottages adjacent to each other.
The main cottage has the Kitchen, Dining room, Lounge with log burner, Outdoor area with hooded BBQ, outdoor fireplace and table seating. - and a secluded outdoor bath!
Linen, towels and cleaning is included in the price.
per night (up to 12 guests)
$50.00 per additional guest
-2WD access all areas
2WD caravan accessible
Property Manager on site
Horse Grazing Available
Access to: Lakes | Rivers | Streams | Beaches
Farm Tour Available
Golf (BYO clubs)
Extras Some handy things you might need that the property owner can supply
Additional Person (in a tent or Motorhome)
For any extras saying outside our accommodation, whether camping or motor homes, we charge $10 per person per night.
About the Landowner, Paulette and John
Wairunga has been owned by the Parker family for almost 100 years.
We look forward to sharing our place with you.
More Listings Near By
The Potter's Cottage