| ADVENTURE |
| VIEWS |
| SOLITUDE |
Book to enjoy this relaxing holiday eco cottage accommodation within 70 acres of secluded native bush with huge views over Tasman Bay.
Relax on the deck, swing in the hammock under the fig tree, cook up on the BBQ or try some fresh fruit from the trees next to your cottage and then every morning wake up to the sound of the native birds in the bush around your cottage.
Or, if you are feeling adventurous, there are many attractions within an easy drive of the cottage. A day trip to Golden Bay, an afternoon at Kaiteriteri beach or at the galleries and shorefront restaurants of Mapua. Vineyards, Richmond and Nelson are all an easy drive away.
- Visit Abel Tasman and Kahurangi National Parks
- Awesome mountain biking and mountain bike park nearby.
- Fifteen minutes from Motueka and the Motueka river, one of the best trout fishing rivers in New Zealand.
Hairy Hobbit is powered by solar and micro-hydro systems. All water is from mountain fed springs.
2013 Bronze Winner Golden Piwa Awards: BEST IN ECO-FRIENDLY.
Unique Experiences at Hairy Hobbit Cottage
- Take a walk through the native bush along the old bridle trail on the property
- Head to Kaiteriteri mountain bike park for awesome trails
- Enjoy a picnic at picturesque Kaiteriteri beach
Why You Will Love Hairy Hobbit Cottage
If you are looking for peace, privacy and relaxation, the cottage and garden will be a haven. You are surrounded by native bush with a healthy population of birds including many Kereru and friendly Weka.
- "An absolute slice of paradise. My partner and I fell in love with the place and found it very difficult to leave! Between the views, the wildlife and the tranquility, this place is a must visit. We'll be back for sure."
- "A lovely private spot with expansive views over the plains. A special part of New Zealand you'll feel thankful to visit"
- "The cottage was perfect! Such a stunning location we really loved our stay and hope to be back one day."
Hairy Hobbit Cottage - MAX GUESTS: 4.
(2 Adults 2 Children)
1 x Queen bed.
2 x Single beds (loft bunks, suitable for children 4 and older)
MINIMUM BOOKING 2 NIGHTS (1st Oct to 1st May)
MINIMUM BOOKING 5 NIGHTS (21st Dec to 1st Feb)
The modern cosy cottage has a kitchen/dining room and separate bedroom. The kitchen has a gas hob, fridge and woodburning fire. The bedroom has a queensize bed and two bunks suitable for children 4 years and over. All linen and towels are provided for your comfort.
French doors open on to a sunny garden where you can enjoy a drink while cooking on the BBQ. Take in the awesome Tasman Bay views to the sound of native birds in the surrounding bush.
Get back to nature in the private hot shower or soak in the bath under the stars. The separate, modern toilet has an outlook that takes first prize as loo with a view! Maybe pick some fresh fruit from the trees in front of your cottage or explore the bush trail. You might spot the Hairy Hobbit !
per night (up to 2 guests)
$15.00 per additional guest
Property Manager on site
2WD access all areas
Good mobile reception
Generators not allowed
About the Landowner, Paul
I have been hosting the Hairy Hobbit Cottage for over ten years now and it's really rewarding to share this special spot with people and know they will have a relaxing holiday.
I have done a fair amount of travelling in the past,have stayed in some great accommodation and have tried to create the surroundings for a laid back kiwi bach.
I have two beehives and three chooks and plenty of fruit trees scattered around the place.
You are welcome to help yourself to whatever looks good to eat - apart from the chooks!(eggs will be in the cottage if they are doing their job)
My house is down the hill from the cottage but out of sight and sound. There are no other neighbours so you will find it very quiet. Maybe the odd wild goat, deer or pig wandering around ...and of course the weka's will come up and introduce themselves.
My cat may visit if she smells bacon cooking....
More Listings Near By