Private spot to park up, have a campfire and enjoy the farm and native bush. Enjoy peace and quiet in a relaxed country atmosphere. We are centrally located between all the major West Coast attractions.
Unique Experiences at Blue Spur Farmstay
- Our farm is also very near the Arahura River, a very important source of pounamu (jade).
- Wander the banks of the river and see if you can find your own special piece.
- Our farm breed rare breed NZ sheep and Dexter cattle
Why You Will Love Blue Spur Farmstay
Our farm in Blue Spur, Hokitika is a special place. We run an authentic NZ farmstay where you can get up close to all the animals. No other houses are visible from ours yet we are only 15mins from the town.
- We breed rare breed NZ sheep and Dexter cattle. We also have kune kune pigs, goats and fowl.
- Our farm house is completely off grid and runs on solar panels.
- Directly behind our farm is the site of an old goldmine dating back to the late 1800's. You can explore the area and see the old Chinese mining sites.
Blue Spur Farmstay
The campervan area is an elevated yet private area with native bush behind and views over the farm.
It is a very private site where you can hear native birds and sit by a campfire, roast marshmallows and star gaze. There are a few choices of places to park up.
- We can provide potable water and a free bag of sheep pellets so you can hand feed the sheep.
- You may run a generator if you need to.
- Free farm tour included.
- The camping area is up a gravel drive accessible by 2WD and is suitable for self contained caravans and campervans.
- We are happy to accept guests camping in tents if you have a portaloo with you.
per night (up to 2 guests)
$8.00 per additional guest
-2WD access all areas
2WD caravan accessible
Property Manager on site
Self-Contained vehicles only
Farm Tour Available
Toast Marshmellows around the Campfire
Sustainable Stays: Eco | Off Grid | Organic
Farm Animals to Meet
RV Motorhome | Camping
About the Landowner, Michelle
We have lived in Hokitika for the past 12 years. We enjoy good music and good food. We have both traveled extensively.
We absolutely love living here in Hokitika. It has a wonderful community - we are a really eclectic bunch. The scenery is wild and stunning and the history is fascinating.
I'm busy running our farm as well as working. My husband works for an IT company from home (unfortunately he is very busy with his job, so you probably won't meet him). We look forward to meeting our guests and are always happy to help you plan activities here on the West Coast - rain or shine - it is a fantastic place to be.
More Listings Near By
Greenstone Retreat Villa