| GARDENS TO EXPLORE |
| WALKING TRACKS |
Ribblesdale Gardens Cottage is a self-contained property 1km east of Oxford rural township situated on the Inland Scenic Route 72. We are located 45 minutes from Christchurch Airport. Oxford is a rural township with bush walks and biking opportunities. We have lovely cafes, clothing shops, an antique shop, pharmacy, fabulous gift/book shop and a farmers market on Sundays. It is a lovely community which I am very proud of.
The garden will surprise and enchant you - since 1980 it has been transformed into a succession of surprises as you move from one landscaped area to the next.
Beautiful at all times, the gardens are breathtaking in spring. Friendly fantails follow you around while you chance upon a host of gardens. The variety of textures and colours is endless. Friendly fantails follow you around while you will chance upon a fragrant garden, hosta haven, secret garden, stumpery, native garden, moonlight garden, butterfly house, magnificent azalea and rhododendron garden, woodland garden and parkland. The variety of textures and colours is endless.
For garden lovers and all other interested clubs Ribblesdale is an absolute must for those wanting to get away from the rush of everyday life into a restful, unique NZ garden experience.
Unique Experiences at Ribblesdale Gardens Cottage
- Lose yourself in 4 acres of tranquil beauty
- Oxford bush walks and biking opportunities
- Micro-climate and eco-system where environmental theories are being integrated
Why You Will Love Ribblesdale Gardens Cottage
Enjoy our breathtaking South Island garden setting. Lose yourself in 4 acres of tranquil beauty. Guests are free to enjoy the surrounding grounds featuring a wide variety of landscape settings and boutique nursery if staying in the accommodation. The peaceful and tranquil atmosphere of the cottage will reward those who visit.
- "Ribblesdale Garden is a perfect place to spend a night, or three! Comfy & cozy with all the amenities required plus a warm welcome complete with cut flowers adorning the room. Denise's suggestions for meals led us to some of the best food we've eaten in NZ. Wish we'd had more time to wander Oxford, which has lovely shops. But, make sure you allow plenty of time to explore the gorgeous grounds! Denise's family has created a truly magical place with gardens connected by winding paths leading to hidden spaces & flowering treasures. A stay here is relaxing, pleasant, and highly recommended!"
- "away from the town, glorious garden setting, warm welcoming host, facilities within the cottage, comfy bed. A lovely hide-a-way from the cold wet world outside."
- "Beautiful, tranquil property set in among Denise's stunning garden. A wonderful host and we were shown many aspects of the plants in the garden. Accommodation very clean but note that it is self contained with no breakfast (no issue for us though). Wifi limited. Overall, we loved our stay and thoroughly enjoyed the gardens and Denise as our host."
Ribblesdale Gardens Cottage - MAX GUESTS: 3
Bedroom 1: 1 x Queen bed
Common spaces: 1 x Single bed
Self contained accommodation surrounded by 4 acres of beautiful gardens. One queen bed with en suite and one single bed in another room with small kitchenette and divan which can also be made up.
We are 1.5 km off the Oxford rural township and 45 minutes from the Christchurch Airport.
per night (up to 2 guests)
$25.00 per additional guest
Dump point nearby
Property Manager on site
Self-Contained vehicles only
-Shop/groceries with 5kms
Do Something Different
About the Landowner, Denise
We enjoy all aspects of country living in our rural area. A country girl who likes sharing her slice of paradise in our informal country garden.
I also enjoy hosting guests from all over the world in our self contained cottage. Gardening is very much my interest. There is always so much to learn.
More Listings Near By
Karetu Downs Farm Stay
The Waituna Cottage
Mt Hay Station