The Log Cabin is the perfect place to stay and relax with family or chill out with friends. Situated at the southern base of the Coromandel Peninsula, bordering the Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park, it is in the heart of the pristine Waitawheta Valley.
The Log Cabin is situated on 12 acres of landscaped parkland which you are free to roam at leisure. There is a choice of large swimming holes in the adjacent river, a few smaller pools to splash about in and a river island to explore. The largest swimming hole is large enough to swim over 100 metres in a straight line without touching the bottom.
There is a perfect deep swimming hole just a short stroll from the deck, past the Olive Grove, with a flat grass picnic area to catch some sun after a swim in the fresh water.
Well maintained walking tracks start at the boundary of the property for the more active to explore. In the evenings stroll along the river that runs along the property boundary.
There is a beautiful olive grove and large expanses of sheep grazed meadow to play in.
ADJACENT TO THE LAND
- From the southern boundary of the property there is an extensive network of Department Of Conservation walkways heading deep into the Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park. Family friendly and thoroughly recommended walkways from the property include:
- Bluff Stream Kauri Loop Track
- Daleys Clearing Loop Track
- The Waitawheta Tramway
- Further afield, but still within very easy access, is the ever popular Hauraki Rail Trail. It's an easy 8km cycle to Victoria Battery where you can continue through the stunning Karangahake Gorge, either to Waihi or all the way to Paeroa, taking in bridges, tunnels and breathtaking scenery along the way.
- Also, highly recommended (if you're not afraid of heights!) is
The Karangahake Windows Walk , a labyrinth of cliff clinging paths winding through old gold mining tunnels and crisscrossing the rivers by newly installed swing bridges.
Restaurants and Cafes
Within the area are a vast array of eateries; secluded cafes and restaurants in the Gorge and plenty of choice in town and at the beach.
Here's a few that we really like:
- The award winning Falls Retreat Bistro
- Ohinemuri Estate Restaurant
- The Porch
- Flat White Beachfront Cafe
- Joy Sushi
- Lemongrass Thai Restaurant and Takeaway
Unique Experiences at The Log Cabin
- Adjacent to a stunning river, with a swimming hole at the bottom of the garden
- Walking tracks at the property boundary
- Just a few minutes drive from award winning Falls Retreat Bistro
Why You Will Love The Log Cabin
Our guests love the tranquility that The Log Cabin and it's surrounds offers.
The rustic charm and authentic Log Cabin features is something they always comment on in their feedback.
Log Cabin - MAX GUESTS: 12
MINIMUM 2 NIGHT STAY
MINIMUM 5 NIGHT STAY: 15 December to 31 January
Enjoy the warmth and comfort The Log Cabin offers, with 4 large bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), lounge, dining area, two bathrooms and fully equipped kitchen.
There is a fireplace for cold winter nights and a cedar hot tub to soak in after a long day exploring.
The open plan downstairs flows onto extensive outdoor decks with stunning views of the native bush and adjacent river.
per night (up to 2 guests)
$40.00 per additional guest
Access to: Lakes | Rivers | Streams | Beaches
Outdoor Bath | Hot Tub
Extras Some handy things you might need that the property owner can supply
Cleaning fee per stay - up to 6 guests
Cleaning fee per stay - 7 or more guests
Linen Hire - King/Queen bed (per bed)
Or you are welcome to bring your own.
Linen Hire - Single Bed (per bed)
Or you are welcome to bring your own
About the Landowner, Seugnet
Hello, and a very warm welcome to the Log Cabin! We look forward to welcoming you to our place.
More Listings Near By
Nightingale Rustic Glamping
Nightingale Falls Shantilly
Nightingale Falls Farmstay