| FARM TOUR AVAILABLE |
Bespoke luxury lodges with unrivaled views.
Finely finished and elaborately detailed, Lakeview Lodge offers two private lodges with plenty of space and incredible views over Lake Karapiro. Lakeview Lodge is perched above Lake Karapiro and is so spacious and cosy, you'll feel at home right away. Its unassuming luxury provides a chance to reconnect with your loved ones, family and friends and colleagues.
Lakeview Lodge offers instant relaxation after a day of exploring. Choose to stay at Lakeview Lodge as the perfect base to explore different parts of the central North Island, or stay on the farm, read a book and just appreciate the unrivaled views.
Centrally located between Cambridge, Hobbiton, Waitomo Caves, & Rotorua, the awe-inspiring lakeside escape is central to popular visitor attractions and events that make the region sought after on the domestic & international markets.
The Bijous are smaller versions of the main lodges where an access door has been closed to reduce the number of bedrooms and bathrooms available.
What to expect to find in the lodge:
- Laundry with complimentary use of washing machine and dryer, drying racks, iron and ironing board.
- Linen supplied including crisp sheets, feather duvets & plush towels.
- Lounge provides flat screen TV, DVD collection, Sky TV, sound system, study nook, complimentary Wi-Fi
- Library shelf in the lounge with NZ literature, tour information, magazines, reading books.
- Central heating and air conditioning in each room.
- Security pin locked entrance to the lodge.
- Cot, highchair, hairdryer, electric blankets.
- Second entertainment room downstairs in Huntington.
- Outdoor games and rug, available on request.
- A vast array of indoor board games.
- Complimentary and secure parking (including boat or trailer), buses and minivans. Convenient turn around area.
- With the addition of a Helipad if this is the way you choose to travel.
When enjoying tourist attractions, corporate retreats, sporting events, attending weddings around Waikato, our Lodge is perfect to rest your head. Come and enjoy the convenience of what Lakeview Lodge offers & its stunning location.
CAMBRIDGE- 15 min drive
Cambridge is a town in the Waipa District of the Waikato Region of the North Island of New Zealand. Situated 24 kilometres southeast of Hamilton, on the banks of the Waikato River, Cambridge is known as "The Town of Trees & Champions". Cambridge has two beautiful waterways on its doorstep, the mighty Waikato River and Lake Karapiro. Cambridge is also known for its outstanding equestrian programmes and is the Equine Capital of New Zealand. Close to Cambridge and only a 15-minute drive near the airport is the acclaimed Mystery Creek Events Centre.
HAMILTON - 30 min drive
Hamilton is a city in the Waikato region of New Zealand's North Island. Hamilton Gardens, a sprawling public park, features elaborate themed gardens ranging from Italian Renaissance to Japanese and traditional Maori styles. The Waikato Museum displays Maori art and artefacts. Next door, ArtsPost gallery focuses on local art. In the busy city centre, Victoria Street is lined with restaurants, cafes and bars. From sporting events to the arts and theatre. A city that has it all.
MATAMATA - 15 min drive
Matamata is a town in the shadow of the Kaimai Range Mountains, on New Zealand's North Island. Southwest of town, the Hobbiton Movie Set was created for Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Hobbit' films. To the northeast, a trail leads to Wairere Falls, with views over the Waikato Plains. The Firth Tower Museum has heritage buildings, including a school and a jail, that chronicle the region's settler history. In addition to walking tracks, golf courses and a wide selection of cafes.
WAITOMO - 60 min drive
Waitomo is a village on the North Island of New Zealand. It's known for its extensive underground cave systems. Thousands of glow-worms light up the Glowworm Caves. The vast Ruakuri Cave features waterfalls and limestone formations. West, Mangapohue Natural Bridge is a high limestone arch over Mangapohue Stream. Northeast of the village, Otorohanga Kiwi House shelters several species of the rare native kiwi bird. There is an activity that would suit all levels of experience.
MT MAUNGANUI- 55 min drive
Mt Maunganui is a major residential, commercial and industrial suburb of Tauranga, located on a peninsula to the north-east of Tauranga's city centre. It was an independent town from Tauranga until the completion of the Tauranga Harbour Bridge in 1988, which connects Mount Maunganui to Tauranga's central business district. Mount Maunganui is also the name of the large lava dome which was formed by the upwelling of rhyolite lava about two to three million years ago. It is colloquially known as New Zealand simply as The Mount.
ROTORUA - 55 min drive
A town set on its namesake lake on New Zealand's North Island, is renowned for its geothermal activity and Maori culture. In Te Puia's Whakarewarewa Valley, there are bubbling mud pools and the 30m-tall Pohutu Geyser, which erupts many times daily. It's also home to a living Maori village and the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, with traditional wood carving and weaving schools. Rotorua has numerous attractions and adventure activities on its doorstep
Here at Lakeview Lodge Karapiro we have the unique opportunity to offer Farm Experiences for our Guests. On our adjoining farm, Lake Farm, and at two locations, 20 minutes from the Lodge, Top Notch Calves. These three farms offer the opportunity to experience the wide range of dairy farming available in New Zealand.
With the tour being led by Joanne Leigh, who holds a Bachelor of Agricultural Science, with 1st Class Honours and in addition has a hands-on approach to farming and a zest for life. Joanne has roles consulting both on the domestic and international stage The Guests will be well catered for from a beginners approach to a more in-depth insight into farming. Farm Tour Options, which can include refreshments at Lakeview Lodge or nearby.
1-hour tour of Lake Farm, with amazing views of Lake Karapiro. Tour encompasses full explanation of our farming operation, a walk through the paddocks, viewing the cows and calves on farm. Petting and photo's with Big Red (our famous hand reared cow who loves a pat and a cuddle).
2-hour afternoon milking tour. Travel 15 minutes to a local dairy farm at Tirau and see NZ cows being bought in for milking and milked in a Herringbone cowshed. Experience putting the cups on the cows, tasting the milk fresh from the vat and get a real inside view of family farming in NZ.
2-hour tour of Top-Notch Calves. Travel 20 minutes to a large scale commercial calf rearing unit where 5,000 - 7,000 calves are reared per annum. See the calves inside the sheds, experience hand feeding a calf, view the calves in the paddocks and get a real inside look into how a calf rearing operation works. Tours can be designed for specialist groups (eg. vets, school aged children etc). This farm has been filmed for Country Calendar, so is of special interest.
1 - 2 hours of a local lifestyle sheep farm, get up and personal and enjoy the great knowledge of lifetime farmers full of facts and explain what is happening on the farm and also the rural landscape itself surrounding this tranquil location overlooking Lake Karapiro. A great choice for small groups with morning or afternoon tea included or a late afternoon refreshment with your hosts.
Or combine any tour to suit your needs.
We can cater for special interest groups for example Veterinarians, Ag Students, Corporate Interest etc.
*Tour pricing on application subject to numbers and specific requirements
Unique Experiences at Lakeview Lodge Karapiro
- Farm Tours - authentic farm living is quintessential to our Kiwi culture and you will love experiencing it.
- Lake Activities & relaxing in luxury
- Exploring the local area including world famous Hobbiton & Waitomo Caves
Why You Will Love Lakeview Lodge Karapiro
Wake up to stunning views of Lake Karapiro and by dusk watch the calves play in the paddocks.
- "I don't want to leave. You have created a little patch of heaven in this amazing place. Thank you x"
- "My wife and I chose to stay here for a special weekend thanks to a recommendation from a friend. The Lakeview Lodge was simply awesome. Right from the time of checking in that was friendly and welcoming through to leaving after our special 3 nights. The lodge is extremely spacious, comfortable and very relaxing. I loved the fact that lodge was fully contained with everything that we needed. The bed was ultra comfortable and waking up to that view in the morning was unbelievable! To be onsite of a working farm was special especially when there was a baby calf born in the paddock beside the drive as we drove in and out the first couple of days. The location was perfect as we headed through to Tauranga and the Mount one day, another day to Rotorua and a really great dinner in Cambridge only 10-minutes away."
- "We had a family gathering at the Lodge (grandfathers 70th) and had both ends booked. We had a fantastic time, we enjoyed the beautiful views, and the lovely decorated rooms. The whole Lodge was very well kitted out to suit the whole family (ages 2-71). We also enjoyed a lovely dinner catered for us by Gourmet Delicious. We will be back again for sure! "
Bijou Hamptons - MAX GUESTS: 2
1 x King bed
Looking to get away to the country? Want the peace and privacy of your own space? Bijou Hamptons is the perfect escape for lone travellers or couples, featuring spacious luxury accommodation and all the amenities while avoiding the pitfalls of most farm stay where you have to share space with your hosts or other guests.
Discover the unique experience and surround yourself with luxury while staying surrounded by a working farm in the beautiful New Zealand countryside... and keep the good times and happy memories all to yourself.
per night (up to 2 guests)
Bijou Huntington - MAX GUESTS: 4
Bedroom 1: 1 x King bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x King bed
The elegantly luxurious Bijou Huntington offers a private escape with two king bedrooms, huge living area and a full kitchen. Lots of space to kick back, relax and enjoy the stunning views over Lake Karapiro.
Where you are looking for a country retreat with friends, or just want a place where you can get away and bond with your immediate family, you will love the combination of bespoke luxury and rural lifestyle.
per night (up to 4 guests)
Huntington - MAX GUESTS: 12
Bedroom 1: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 3: 8 x Single beds (Bunk sets)
Sink into the comfort and bespoke luxury of Huntington as you relax surrounded by warmth and those luxurious little touches that are guaranteed to make you feel at home.
Relish the abundance of space and enjoy spreading out in two king bedrooms, as the kids explore the 8 bed cabin room downstairs... their own little hideaway, with a separate entertainment room.
Whether you are gathering in the spacious kitchen, relaxing in the comfy lounge area, or just watching TV in the downstairs entertainment room, you will be surrounded by simple pleasures and enjoy some of the most stunning views the lodge has to offer..
per night (up to 12 guests)
Hamptons - MAX GUESTS: 10
Bedroom 1: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 3: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 4: 1 x King Bed
Bedroom 5: 2 x Single beds
Discover a fresh, restful getaway in the idyllic countryside, where peaceful ambience and authenticity emanate from every corner.
Transport yourself to the airy relaxed atmosphere of the Hamptons, styled on the Hamptons aesthetic, as you surround yourself with the beauty and splendor of New Zealand.
A splendid outdoor seating area overlooking the lake, four king bedrooms and a twin, a full kitchen and laundry, and a large living area give you and friends or family plenty of space to spread out and relax, perfect for larger groups who want to get away to explore the wonders of the North Island.
per night (up to 10 guests)
Good mobile service
Access to: Lakes | Rivers | Streams | Beaches
Farm Tour Available
Rafting | Kayaking | Canoeing
Eating & Drinking
- The Lakeview continental breakfast is included in the rate to enjoy at your leisure.
- Kitchens fully equipped with all you may need to create & serve the cuisine you require. We do have catering options available on request, 72 hours notice is required.
- Gardens providing vegetables, herbs and citrus trees for your full use during your stay.
About the Landowner, Lakeview Lodge Karapiro
Join us at Lakeview Lodge and discover an authentic New Zealand retreat.
More Listings Near By
Shackwell Bush Hut - Nightingale Rustic Glamping
Shantilly Cottage - Nightingale Falls Farmstay
Twinkingham Cottage - Nightingale Falls Farmstay